Saturday, March 14, 2009

Lemon Meringue Pie

The last time I made lemon meringue pie is looked like this:

Ewwwwww! I apparently over beat the meringue and it just looked gross. Tasted yummy, but looked gross. So I'm trying again! I made a promise to myself to try new techniques, and since I didn't feel comfortable with the end result last time I thought I would give it another shot. And the reason I'm making is that since this summer my high school girlfriends and I try to get together once a month. There are 4 of us and we take turns hosting at our houses. So each of us brings something to share. I was bugging Adam trying to come up with what to make. This popped into my head. I use 2 different recipes and combine them. I use this one for the crust and it comes out amazing! You have no idea when you taste it that it isn't a traditional pie crust. And I use a good old Alton Brown recipe for the filling and meringue. It is awesome! Alton can do no wrong in my eyes.

So here are the pictures, you tell me what you think....




Shell pre baking

egg and lemon mixture

filled pie

making the meringue

pre baking, looking pretty good!

The end result! Much, much better! Can't wait to eat it!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails