Friday, March 27, 2009

Finger Painting

After the day before and our fun painting experience I figured we could try out the finger paints (she says while shaking her head!). This was not exactly how I thought it would turn out. I did take the steps of putting plastic down on the table and putting them in clothes that I didn't mind having paint on. Well, I'll just let the pictures do the talking.....



The start of finger painting. Not too bad....


alright, getting a little bit more into it....

D just having a blast!

and then out come the dark colors....


and the mess begins...

hey, look, I can paint my arms, legs, face...

Sweet, I had puke brown!

Look mom, I am a mess!

This isn't even as bad as they got, it got a whole lot worse! I actually had to strip them down to their diapers and run them up to the tub. D even had it in her hair, ears, and eyes. It was bad! So the next time we do finger painting, it will be warm out, and the pool will be set up!

5 comments:

Mommy said...

Wow, that looks like fun for kiddos, huge mess for mom! Nugget finger paints in just a dipe...but his highchairs has a lift off tray, and we don't have that carpet underfoot, so it really can't compare to what you had to deal with! I like your idea of doing it outside with the pool cleanup.

Anonymous said...

What a good Mommy for letting your kids do that! Takes a lot of courage! I kind of get that way with Play-dough...I feel like I find it EVERYWHERE!

Michelle said...

Yay for you for letting them do this. I tend to do finger painting in the diaper too, and I think your suggestion about outside by the pool is brilliant.

Hippie Mama Kelly said...

Thanks ladies!! I do feel good for letting them try, but wow, what a mess! D's shirt still didn't come clean. I need to wash it one more time I think!

Next time I will be making some finger paint and we will totally have the pool outside and standing ready!

Tiffany said...

LOL how cute was the pick of D showing off her hands!! When we do that this summer I plan to do it outside with just a diaper (or undies!!). We won't be doing the pool cause I don't want to clean out the pool - lazy I know - but the water hose or the sprinkler will probably be used!

** off topic but my word verification word is: sedatomm - LOL google cracks me up with these words

Related Posts with Thumbnails