Sunday, March 22, 2009

Do we really need this?

I'm sure all of you moms out there have heard about the new look they are giving Dora. I understand the marketing plan behind it, but why do they have to make her just like all the other dolls out there. I read in the article that you will be able to go online to her new website and change her hair and clothes. I have a real problem with this. Dora is a teacher to our young children, why when she "grows up" does she need to be vain? Can't she still be a teaching tool for the older girls? Girls already have a tough time when it comes to people put pressure on them to look a certain way, do we really need another doll to help further that idea? I would really like to see them change her, but keep some of her ideals in tact. I will leave you with a picture of the new Dora. You tell me what you think.....








2 comments:

Mommy said...

Oh sad. She looks a little like a Bratz doll now. I will say that it could be worse - at least her clothes are not super revealing. But disappointing, and I hope her can-do attitude stays the same. Someone sold Dora's soul for the almighty buck!

Tiffany said...

I don't think she looks bad but I do think however that they should have left the dora brand the same and just maybe made her doras cousin or friend or something like that. I don't think we will really know what kinda of teaching tools (if any) they will supply her with but they are not only changing her look but she's dropping her little girl friends. Now that is my real problem - those are the things that draw the kids to her show and they wont' be there. If they were going to pretty much make her not dora then they should have just given her a new name too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails