I made this the other night and it was a huge hit with everyone! I got the recipe here and changed it just a little.
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray, and place squash halves cut-side down on the sheet. Bake until squash is tender but still crunchy, about 40 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Once cool enough to handle, shred squash flesh from rind using a fork. Set aside.
3. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic in butter until soft. Add mushrooms until softened. Add squash to the skillet, and cook until hot. Season with salt and pepper.