Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cool Rainbow cake

A friend of mine on Facebook made this totally awesome rainbow cake with her girls last week. Well as soon as I saw the picture I just knew that I needed to make it. I was asked to bring something to the party on Saturday, so I made this.


All it takes is 2 cake mixes, the ingredients the mix calls for, and the gel food coloring.



Mix up the cake mixes and split into 6 bowls. I used the leftover pie plates from this.


Color the 6 bowls red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. Remember roygbiv?

The first pan I started with red and layered up to purple, and the second pan was the opposite.

I frosted the outside with a nice sky blue, while in between the layers was white. Looks pretty neat when cut into!
I did have some batter left over so we made some 2 layered cupcakes and frosted them with the leftover white frosting. Yummy!!

4 comments:

crallspace said...

Rainbow poops?

Hippie Mama Kelly said...

Nope, can't say that I have seen any!

youngmum said...

So cool!

Tiffany said...

Yum that sounds very good! I don't need any cake though. lol

Hope your weeks gotten better!

Related Posts with Thumbnails