Thursday, April 16, 2009

A rundown on our week

It all started on Friday night. We had a grilled cheese party for my mom's group and one of the little boys started having a really hard time breathing. I kept the younger one while the mom took the other to the ER. It turns out that he had asthma and the beginning of pneumonia. Thank goodness they caught it in time. I was up until 12:30 working on a giant crossword puzzle for the hubby for his birthday. I had all his friends and family send in clues and answers for it. It rocked! I'll have to take a picture of the big one hanging up on the wall. Then at 2:30 am I woke up after hearing a crash. The cat had knocked the fish bowl off the top of the hutch and it shattered. There was water, glass, and rocks everywhere. So Adam and I worked quickly to clean it all up. RIP Dorothy #5 and 6!

Saturday, Adam went with a friend for a 10 mile run. They are training for a half marathon in a few weeks. While they were gone, the kids and I had to run to the store to buy more Easter eggs since the cat destroyed them with fish water. Let me tell you, it's not easy to find cheap eggs the day before Easter! Got home and made everyone yummy lunch. Off to nap time, I was the only one not sleeping. I got the eggs ready, baskets ready, and our bags for the day ready while they all took a nap. Get in the car and head out for our trip. We had a friend having a birthday party, but it turned into a birthday party for 3 of the guys. It was a blast! All the friends were there, with all the kids, and tons of yummy food. I made a rainbow cake that I will blog about later. It turned out super cool!

On the way home at 1am our time, the car dies on the toll road about an hour away from home. Luckily it was not too far from our friends house, and they were just leaving the party we were at. They have a 3rd car and had offered to let us borrow it when we were having trouble in the past. They came and got me, took me to their house, where they gassed up their CRV, we called the tow truck, and I headed out to get Adam and the kids. I was really freaking out the whole time. I was scared, it was cold out, and luckily the kids slept through the entire thing. Our friends helped us out too by paying for the towing. We called and found out that you only have 2 hours before they will impound your car on the toll road. NICE! We were able to tow it to their house too. At that time we didn't know what was wrong with it yet. Adam got the kids, still strapped in the car seats, into the new car without waking them up. We gathered everything that we needed that night, and just then, the tow truck got there. Once we had a plan, everything moved very smoothly. We were off back home! I was exhausted so when we got to the rest stop, Adam took over driving. We got to the corner right by our house and the gas station there is packed. Now this is very strange since it 4 am! There were 50 cars in the gas station and on the roads around it. There were also cops everywhere. Still not sure what happened since it hasn't been in any papers or on any news.

Sunday, the bunny was tired! We hid eggs and had the baskets all ready. The kids loved it. The kicker was that we left our camera at the friends house that had the party, so no pictures! Urgh!!! We got everyone ready and headed off to Adam's parents house. We had a wonderful lunch with all his brothers and his sister. We had an egg hunt there too. The only problem was that the kids didn't get a nap that day, and after being super tired from the crazy night before, they were zonked in the car coming home. That meant that when we got home at 7pm (normal bed time), they were wide awake. So another late night. In the mean time, Adam has come down with an awful cold. But the plus side is that we think it was the timing belt on the car that came off.

Monday, try to figure out what to do with the car. We don't have any money to fix it, no credit cards, and pay day is the 15th. Adam took the day off from work to get better and figure out what to do. We took money out of our bank and started a new account with the bank we have wanted to switch to because we hear that we can get a line of credit. So we wait to hear back. 5:30pm we hear that no we didn't get it. Okay, now what! Our great friends Brian and Emily call and tell us that they can loan us the money, and we can pay it back whenever we can. How awesome is that!

Tuesday, after naps (Adam took the day off again), we head into Valpo to check the car out. We get there and empty it out because who knows how long we aren't going to have it. Call the garage, and set up to have another tow truck come and get it. We wait for them, and follow them to the garage. They will take a look at it and let us know tomorrow. We head over to Brian's house and meet him for dinner so he can give us the money. We stop at my dad's house since we were right there. And another late night.

Wednesday, I head over to my mom's house with the kids, and Adam goes back to work. All is going great except that I haven't heard back from the garage. Now I'm worried. It turns out it was the timing belt, and they changed the water pump all for less then the other garage was going to do it for. Great! Get home and Adam tells me that the landlord tells him that they are coming tomorrow with a real estate agent to take pictures of the house. You see, they are going to sell it! So now I have to clean the house like a mad person! Because I already feel like I can't get anything done for almost a week, now I have to do it in a night! Thanks!

Thursday, thankfully everything is getting better! The car is fixed and we will be picking it up on Saturday. I think they came and took pictures (don't know because they never told me a time and I was gone for 2 hours this morning), and the house is clean!

The moral of the story is that we have amazing friends that will help us out with anything!


Maryjane said...

Oh Kelly, what an awful couple of days!! Anything car related is never fun. On Monday we back up over a bale of hay and it ripped our front bumper halfway off so we have to take it in and get it snapped back into place. Ugh!!
BTW, your rainbow cake looks totally awesome!! Now I know what kind of cake to make Isabel next year, she loves things that look tie-dyed and that cake would work perfectly.

Related Posts with Thumbnails