Monday, April 20, 2009

12 layer Jello

My sister in law is getting married this up coming Saturday and her shower was just a few weeks ago. At her shower my aunt (in law?) had this amazing looking jello. There were all these little layers upon layers. It was beautiful! I knew immediately that I needed to try to make it. It was kind of a joke around the room that I would be the one to try and I said that I was going to try to make it for Easter dinner. Well, I did it! I found many recipes online but this is really the one that I used. I got it on this blog, but I changed it a little.

12 Layer Jello

6 boxes sugar free/fat free jello (grape, blue raspberry, lime, lemon, orange, and cherry)
2 cans of sweetened condensed milk.

Dissolve 1 box jello with 1 cup boiling water. Reserve 1/2 cup mixture. Pour 1/2 cup into 9x13 inch pan, then chill to set. Mix 1/3 cup milk with 1/2 cup jello mixture. Pour on top. Chill and repeat. (Begin with yogurt mixture on bottom of pan.)

Next time I wont use 1/3 cup, I will probably use 1/4 cup. It made the layers a little too thick compared to the other layers.


It was yummy, and easier to make then I thought it would be. Each layer chilled for about 20 min, and the whole process took about 3 hours. Yes, that seems like a long time, but remember that you don't have to stand next to the fridge the entire time.

Everyone seemed to like it. One brother in law actually thought it tasted like Fruit stripe gum. The kids and I ate all the leftovers! Yum!



1 comments:

Maryjane said...

Wow!! That is so pretty, I totally love it. I wish my kids would eat Jello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails