Sunday, June 24, 2012

D turned 5!!!!


I just can not believe that my little girl is 5 already! Where has the time gone? Pretty soon she will be starting school, making new friends, being away from me, and possibly loosing a tooth. I'm not too sure I like this. We were able to celebrate her birthday this year the day before Father's day, just like we did when she was born. For her birthday, she picked to go bowling. The local bowling alley is all black light, and fun! Plus they have ramps for the kids too little to pick up the ball properly. For presents from us, I had painted her a set of princess peg dolls, and we found a kid's flower press kit. I figured she would love it since she is always collecting flowers and leaves and such. When she opened it, she didn't look to excited. I explained to her what it was, and still no excitement. It took big brother picking her a 3 leaf clover to get her excited and wanting to press it. We have since taken it with to 2 of the grandparent's houses, and a great grandparents house, and have pressed flowers and leaves as we go. She is now very excited about it.

A few days after her birthday, she decided it was time to cut her hair. She had been going back and forth for some time now. One day she wanted it cut, the next it was to grow as long as Rapunzel's! So I guess after 3 very hot windy days, she had had enough. It looks super cute on her, I can still pull it into tiny piggy tails, and she is very happy with it.



Not too sure about the flower kit

Peg princesses, and her pretty present

Happy girl bowling with a glowing pink ball

before cut

after cut

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails