I got the cupcake recipe here at In my tiny kitchen: (and yes, I'm just cutting and pasting)
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
zest and juice from 1 lime (I think I put in 2)
1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line muffins pans with liners.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a clean bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy - about 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time. Beat thoroughly in between.
- Mix lime zest and juice into yogurt. Alternately stir in flour mixture and yogurt into the batter into 3 batches. Stir until well combined.
- Drop into the prepared pan by tablespoon. Be careful not to fill more than half. The cake will rise a lot. Bake for 18 minutes. Rotate the pan half way through the baking time
6. Let cool in the pan for a minute then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Now the frosting I got from this blog, Eggshell Green:
- 3 Tbsp. softened butter
- dash of vanilla extract
- Half jar of Marshmallow Fluff
- powdered sugar
To make frosting, whip the butter until light and fluffy using an electric beater. Add vanilla extract and Marshmallow Fluff and whisk well. Add about 1/4 cup sugar, and whisk again until well combined. Keep whisking in small amounts of sugar until you get a good fluffy frosting.
They turned out great. I sent them to work with Adam, and heard back a lot of great feedback. Everyone liked that they were nice and full of lime flavor, but not over the top with the coconut flavor. I think these were a hit!